OBAP has seven scholarships available through October 12, 2018.
- There is no limit on the number of scholarships that an applicant can apply for as long as the requirements of the scholarship are met. Each scholarship that an applicant applies for must have its own application and all required documentation submitted in one combined PDF file.
- Attached the ONE COMBINED PDF, to an email. The subject line should be the name of your scholarship and your full name. ie, Subject line: Jeppessen/Malcolm Johnson. The body of the email must include your name, contact information and OBAP member number. You must be an active OBAP member at the time of submission.
- The application must be typed, no exceptions. There are several free online services in addition to Acrobat Reader to consider for typing on a PDF. HERE IS ONE OPTION.
- All application requirements must be submitted as one PDF. There are several free online services in addition to Acrobat Professional to consider. HERE IS ONE OPTION.
Apply here by October 12, 2018.
To be eligible for the Tommy Smith Scholarship you must meet the following criteria.
Be a high school senior that has been accepted into a college or university
Be a current college or university student.
To enter for a chance to receive the $1000 Tommy Smith Scholarship you will need to write an essay answering, “If you could start any business while in college or afterward what would it be and why”?
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Write your 500-word essay and submit the form by May 31, 2019.
- The Tommy Smith Scholarship committee will review all responses.
- A winner will be selected and contacted in June.
- Once the winner responds (within 2 weeks) the $1000 will be sent to the winner’s financial aid department.
Any questions can be directed to Nancy Martin at email@example.com
NGPA 2018 SCHOLARSHIPs
The cost of flight training is one of the most challenging barriers to entry for pilots. From supporting private pilot training, to enhancing education with advanced certificates and ratings, to direct exposure to flight operations at major carriers, NGPA scholarships provide a stepping stone for aspiring aviators at a crucial point in their education.
The NGPA is offering thirteen different scholarships. A complete list can be found here.
Applications are now being accepted. Applications will be due August 31, 2018.
AWAM 2019 SCHOLARSHIPs
AWAM’s Scholarship Program supports the diverse skills required in the field of Aviation Maintenance & Technology. AWAM is offering seventeen different scholarships for the 2019 year. Applicants may apply for up to two Category I scholarships and up to three Category II scholarships.A complete list of the scholarships can be found here.
Applications are now being accepted. Applications will be due November 1, 2018.
If you have questions on completing your scholarship application packet, please contact AWAM's Scholarship Chair, Stephanie Morris by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship
University Aviation Association
Deadline: Friday, April 21, 2018
Origin of Scholarship
The Frasca family established this scholarship through the University Aviation Association (UAA) in the name of their son, Joseph Frasca. Joseph excelled as an undergraduate aviation student earning a reputation as a dedicated and competent scholar. His tireless efforts to promote and support aviation resulted in significant worldwide contributions to the industry and his abilities as an aerobatic pilot and ambassador of aviation provided many hours of enjoyment to thousands of people. He was indefatigable in reaching the highest standards of performance and achievement in every challenge he faced.
Aim of Scholarship
The Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship was established through the University Aviation Association to encourage others to reach the highest level of achievement in their aviation studies. It is bestowed upon those who demonstrate a commitment and devotion to aviation in the tradition of Joseph Frasca.
- Evidence of excellence in activities, studies, events, organizations, etc., related to aviation.
- Minimum of a 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Federal Aviation Administration certification/qualifications in either aviation maintenance or
- Membership in at least one Aviation organization such as Alpha Eta Rho, NIFA Flying Team, Experimental Aircraft Association, Warbirds of America, etc.
- Involvement in Aviation activities, projects, events, etc., which will demonstrate an interest and an enthusiasm for aviation.
- Must be a junior or senior currently enrolled in a University Aviation Association (UAA) member institution. If you cannot obtain your UAA member institution number locally, please call UAA at (901) 563-0505 or email them at email@example.com .
- Completed application form, essay and letter of reference.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in aviation simulation.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in aircraft restoration.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in aerobatics.
- Work experience in aviation.
- Work experience while in school.
- Financial need.
Submit an original plus five copies of the following items by Friday, APRIL 21, 2018:
- Joe Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship Application.
- A BRIEF ESSAY. See enclosed form.
- Academic transcript from the UAA member institution you are now attending (either copies or originals are acceptable).
- FAA certificates (either A & P or Flight related)—copies only (originals are not required in this case).
- One letter of reference (use attached form or official letterhead).
- Additional documentation as required supporting financial need, and other items.
Send these items in one package – not separately.
SIU Transportation Education Center
545 N. Airport Rd.
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Two $2,000 scholarships will be announced at the University Aviation Association banquet in FALL 2018.
FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2018
Awards will be made in FALL 2018!! (See above)
ATCA Scholarship Fund
In 2017, The ATCA Scholarship Fund awarded 10 scholarships to an outstanding group of aviation students and children of air traffic controllers. The total amount awarded was $75,000. ATCA's wonderful candidates, exceptional winners, and generous donors are the ones who make it happen.
With the continued support of the aviation community for this industry-sustaining program, we hope to award at least as much in the future. But we need your support to do it. Interested in donating? Click here
- Category A - Gabriel A. Hartl Scholarship
Students enrolled half- to full-time in a two- to four-year air traffic control program at an institution approved and/or licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration as directly supporting the FAA's college and training initiative.
- Category B - Lawrence C. Fortier Memorial Scholarship
Students enrolled half- to full-time in a program leading to a bachelor's degree or higher in an aviation-related course of study.
- Category C - Full-Time Employee Student Scholarship
Full-time employees enrolled in advanced study programs to improve their skills in air traffic control or an aviation discipline.
- Category D - Buckingham Memorial Scholarship
U.S. citizen, children of air traffic control specialists enrolled half- to full-time in a program leading to a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Category E - Raytheon Women in Aviation Scholarship
Female students enrolled half- to full-time in a program leading to a bachelor's degree or higher in an aviation-related course of study. Each scholarship will include a summer internship at Raytheon.
ATCA Scholarships are a great opportunity to get financial assistance for tuition, books or any school related expenses. Paying for college can be challenging so why not get rewarded for all your hard work in the classroom.
- Choose the category of scholarship for which you wish to apply.
- Complete the online application HERE.
- Mail in your supporting documentation (transcripts, letters of recommendation) by May 1, 2018.
Applications are now being accepted. Apply HERE. Applications will be due May 1, 2018. Your application will be considered by the Scholarship Committee in mid/late August and you will be notified of their decision shortly thereafter.
The Wisconsin Airport Management Association offers two scholarship opportunities to students currently enrolled in an aviation degree field who are attending a Wisconsin college or university, a resident of the State of Wisconsin attending a college or university outside the State, or an active duty service member with an entrance point in Wisconsin at the time the award is made.
Scholarship applications can be completed online at www.wiama.org/scholarship.
Applications including all required materials must be submitted online by March 16, 2018 at 5 pm.
2018 CABAA Scholarships - Application and Information
On behalf of the scholarship and mentoring committee, thank you for taking the time to consider a CABAA Scholarship. Each year CABAA distributes over $90,000 of scholarship funds in support of students achieving their academic and career goals. We offer financial scholarships for graduating high school students attending an aviation college and undergraduate college students. For graduating college seniors we offer various professional training awards to help the applicant get their “foot in the door”.
CABAA offers scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. The CABAA Scholarship was established to encourage others to reach the highest level of achievement in their aviation studies. It is bestowed upon those who demonstrate a commitment and devotion to aviation, especially business aviation, in the tradition of the CABAA Scholarship.
The scholarship committee is actively promoting Business Aviation as a viable, interesting, and rewarding career on the campuses where our future job candidates are being trained. They facilitate a meaningful connection and an on-going relationship between willing and interested students and individual members of CABAA that are able to mentor the student candidate within their discipline or job function on varying levels of commitment.
AOPA has flight training scholarships available.
- Primary Flight Training Scholarships
- Advanced Flight Training Scholarships
- High School Flight Training Scholarships
All applications are due by May 2, 2018 and can be found at the links above.